The Wilson and The Elm (7272 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD), situated in the heart of Bethesda at the prime intersection of Wisconsin Avenue and Elm Street, is one of the most prominent development sites in Montgomery County, Maryland. The site received first-stage entitlement approvals in early 2016 and contemplates approximately 937,000 SF of total density, allocated across a 358,000 SF office building with ground floor retail, two residential towers housing 456 units and a shared above and below-grade parking facility. The Wilson and The Elm will also house the future Bethesda Purple Line station, the western terminus of the Purple Line projected to be one of the system’s most widely used locations.
Extending up to 295’ from its base, the project will accommodate a 23-story, approximately 358,000 SF office tower fronting along Wisconsin Avenue and two residential towers totaling approximately 565,000 SF. The entire project will be serviced by a structured parking deck that includes over 750 parking spaces on the B3 (below grade) to P5 (above grade) levels
Carr Properties broke ground at The Wilson and The Elm in Q2 2017. The new residential and office buildings will feature some of the highest-quality construction in Bethesda, including glass curtainwall facades, enhanced outdoor public and private spaces, first-class amenities and state-of-the-art building systems.
- Location Bethesda Row
- Year Built Anticipated Q3 2020
- Number of Floors 23 (18 office; 1 retail)
- Building Size 358,000 SF
- Average Floor 19,000 RSF
- Parking Ratio 1.25:1000 SF
- Column Spacing 30 x 33
- Slab to Slab Height 11’4” to 13’4”
- Elevators 5
- Energy Star Yes
- LEED Certification Gold (expected)
- Transportation Red Line (Bethesda); Purple Line (Bethesda); Capital Crescent Trail (CCT); parking garage with entrances on both Wisconsin Ave, Elm Street
- Amenities Parking Garage, Fitness Center, Bicycle Room, Conference Center, Private Terraces; Rooftop Terrace; direct access to CCT