The Barlow Building, located one block from the Friendship Heights Metrorail station, is the premier metropolitan medical office building located in the heart of Chevy Chase, MD. Renovated with aesthetic modernizations, the building provides the medical community with the premier opportunity for a Metro-accessible office with superior user amenities.
Also known as 5454 Wisconsin Avenue, the building features an impressive two-story granite and mahogany lobby, renovated common areas, and an outdoor plaza. The Barlow Building is in immediate proximity to the surrounding high-end retail of Friendship Heights, and boasts a Starbucks, on-site deli, and the Chevy Chase Athletic Club.
This building was awarded an ENERGY STAR® in 2013 for its operating efficiency. Barlow Building received the 2015 Toby Award for Outstanding Building of the Year in the Medical Office Building Category. TOBY honors the best of the best recognizing outstanding quality operations and property management.
- Location Bethesda/Chevy Chase
- Year Built 1966
- Year Renovated 2007
- Number of Floors 15
- Building Size 276,440 SF
- Average Floor 19,500 SF
- Parking Ratio 2.0:1000 SF
- Column Spacing 20’
- Slab to Slab Height 9’7”
- Elevators 6
- Telecom Data Providers Verizon, Comcast, Atlantech
- Building Hours Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm; Sat 8:00am-12:00pm
- HVAC Central plant chillers that provides air to a common constant volume air shaft for the entire building
- Energy Star Yes
- Transportation Friendship Heights (Red) 1 block
- Amenities Landscaped Courtyard, On-Site Starbucks and Deli, On-Site Chevy Chase Athletic Club and On-Site Property Management Office